Monday, January 19, 2009

Running with Olympians

Meet Kara Goucher and Amy Yoder-Begley. Here they are at the 2009 Olympic trials after qualifying in the 10k. Amy is the one on the far left, and Kara is in the middle. (The other fast skinny lady is Shalane Flanagan, the American record holder in the 5k and the 10k.)


Now, here's a video of me racing Kara and Amy, the aforementioned Olympians. Look for me at the start, then 9 minutes later when Kara Goucher laps me during her finish, and then 50 seconds later when I finally finish. I'm in the black uniform all the way on the right in the front row. This was quite the experience of my life.


This video goes along nicely with my other documented Kara Goucher encounter. Here we are hanging out at the Olympic Trials in Eugene last summer.


This is how Amy and Kara must have felt after beating me in the 3k. Nobody was expecting such a slaughter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go, girl! You totally could have beaten them, I know it.